Hidden Oaks Nature Center Info:
- City: Annandale, VA
- Type: Park
- Outdoor or Indoor? Outdoor
- Age Range:
- Good for Babies? Yes
- Good for Elementary? Yes
- Good for Teens? Yes
Hours & Tickets
- Hours: M,W,Th,F 9AM – 5 PM, Weekends 12-5PM, Closed Tuesdays
- Free or Paid? Free
- Cost: Free!
- Advance Tickets Required? No
Hidden Oaks Nature Center Amenities
- Restrooms? Yes
- Parking Type? Lot
- Stroller/Wheelchair Accessible? Yes
A wonderful spot in any season! Nature Center has live animals, interactive exhibits and toys for kids to learn about nature. Also a nature play space, forest and creek trails and a butterfly sanctuary. Watch my reel here.
Hidden Oaks Nature Center in Annandale is a family favorite! While the center is closed, you can still play in the wonderful nature play space behind the center, go on the Animal Footprint Guessing Game path and play inside an American Indian Scarecrow Hut. There are also lovely trails that connect to a small creek and to the neighboring Annandale Community Park (aka 🦋 Butterfly Playground!)
🍜 Almost too many amazing restaurants in Annandale to mention but here are our favs:
– Breeze Cafe is just down the street from Hidden Oaks and is a delicious Korean Bakery with a huge rooftop indoor/outdoor eating area.
– If I had to say a fav Korean restaurant its Lighthouse Tofu (the Spicy Mushroom Tofu soup is my fav #lighthousetofu to see pics
– For Korean BBQ gotta be @kogiyabbq
– @ajrestaurant for Taiwanese xiao chi (or small plates) and Nu Rou Mian (Beef Noodle Soup)
– Nak Won for grilled mackerel
– @TheBlockFoodHall is just down Little River from the park. It has tons of options and was a great spot for our out of town guests to try a ton.
Hidden Oaks Nature Center – 7701 Royce Street Annandale VA (17 miles west from DC)
🅿️- Free parking
😷- Not busy on weekends that we have found.
🚻 – Did not see any portable restrooms so be prepared!
More VA Kids Spots here: More spots.
Note: This entry was created in Summer 2021 and will be updated on a quarterly basis. Some of the information may be incorrect, especially with re-opening schedules changing hours and ticketing procedures. Please double check with the location for up-to-date info. Thanks so much for understanding!