Family Travel Made Easy
Kid-Friendly Hotels, Restaurants and Hidden Gems in Top Cities around the World!
How Can I Help?
I’m looking for ‘travel from home’ during COVID times.
Our family has loved traveling from the safety of our home with Country Theme Nights. It’s very low key…and free! We make something delicious from the country, listen to a playlist and play a family game from the country! Current favs: Portuguese Chicken (kids AND husband cleaned their bowls!) and learning traditional Rwandan dances.
I have free 1 page PDFs for you with recipe links, game ideas and playlists for Portugal, France, Taiwan, Rwanda at https://familytripguides.com/themenights/. (More coming each week. Next up, Peru!)
I want to travel with my kids to Europe, but don’t know where??
I’ll be building this out more in the future (like a choose your own adventure decision tree!) but in the meantime:
I am researching family travel to London, Paris or Lisbon and want ALL the info!
You’ve come to the right place! We have 40+ recommendations for each of these cities when it comes to the best neighborhoods to stay in with kids, most kid-friendly hotels and restaurants. I have also collected many Best of Lists including Off the Beaten Path in London with Kids, Free Things to Do with Kids in Paris, and Day Trips with Kids from Lisbon.
Join my monthly Family Travel newsletter + and receive 2 free Packing Lists for Kids and Babies
The newsletter includes Family Travel Tips and Inspiration. I promise never to spam or sell your info and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Hi 👋 I’m Jennifer and I love traveling with my family and sharing with others.
- I am mom to 2 curious kiddos living outside Washington, D.C.
- We’ve traveled to Asia and Europe with them since they were babies.
- I’ve lived in Germany, Egypt, the Netherlands and Taiwan and my favorite thing is to go where I’ve never been 🙂
Below are some things that make this different than a traditional travel blog:
- I am not sponsored by any hotels or attractions, so reviews are unbiased.
- I ❤ Lists! After our trips, friends asked us for our recommendations and so FTG started as spreadsheets with dozens of recommendations.
- Travel photography is beautiful but I’m committed to saving you time in your travel planning and want to decrease the endless scrolling and focus on family travel recs.
Latest on Instagram @FamilyTripGuides
“The Family Trip Guide to London is gold and I look forward to using more Family Trip Guides to plan visits to other cities in the future! Aside from helping us plan the trip in advance, having it on hand while traveling was truly the best part about it! Plans change when you’re traveling with kids. When we needed somewhere to eat on the fly, I had just the tool I needed to figure out a family friendly spot. Same for when we had unexpected extra free time.”
– Hope Greenleaf from Tunes4Tots.com
Family Trip Guide Outlines:
- Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) by Pedro Szekely
- VV Nincic on Flickr. CC by 2.0.
- Francesco Sgroi on Flickr. CC by 2.0.