Hooray, it's time for fall festivals near me in northern Virginia 2023! Fall is the most anticipated season in Virginia because we are all so excited for relief from the heat and humidity. Below are all the details for the best fall events for families including costs, dates, and the activities organized by location.
Table of Contents:
- Fall Festivals in Northern Virginia (7)
- Fairfax Events Fall Festivals (8)
- Arlington/Alexandria Events Fall Festivals(7)
- Loudoun/Prince William County Fall Festivals Events (4)
- Fall Festivals Outside Northern Virginia (8)
- And just for fun...Pumpkin Patch Shirts!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Fall Festivals in Northern Virginia
Cox Farms Fall Festival - Centreville, VA (Largest of the fall festivals near me in northern Virginia)
2023 Dates: September 16-17, then Thursdays through Mondays from Sep. 23 to Nov. 6, plus Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023
The largest fall festival in Northern Virginia with SO much to do! Truly a Fall Wonderland and my kids' favorite fall festival! 10+ attractions including "World-Famous Hayride," Hay Tunnels, Treetops Slide, Barn Slide, Castle Slide, Mountain Slide, Foamhenge, farm chores, pumpkin patch, and more!
Full Review: Cox Farms is our favorite fall festival and I wrote a full review here about our family's multiple visits and included my top 4 tips to survive when it's hot!
Address: 15621 Braddock Rd, Centreville, VA 20120
Cost: Ranges from $11 to $20 based on age and peak dates. Check the website for more info.
Cox Farms Fall Festival
Nalls Produce Stand and Festival (Franconia/Alexandria)
We love Nalls! More than just a great produce, this family-run institution has Penny the Pig, insta-famous Pumpkin Wall, and Pumpkin Hill starting in October. Smaller than the larger farms but close to 495/395 and great for little ones. Masks will be required this year on Pumpkin Hill and inside the retail store. Pumpkin Hill is free and check out their video of what it looked like last year!
Dates: Their iconic pumpkin wall is up at the beginning of September and their free Pumpkin Hill opens at 10 AM on September 30, 2023.
Monday – Saturday: 9 am – 7 pm
Sunday: 9 am – 6 pm
Address: 7310 Beulah St. Alexandria, VA 22315
Great Country Farms (Bluemont, Virginia)
Apple Gala & Cider Fest - Weekends in September
Our family loves going to Great Country Farms any time of year but the fall is especially fun! They offer so much in their 12-acre Farm Play Area including picking apples, fresh cider from their antique cider press, and cider donuts. Also a huge jumping pad (like a basketball court size!), cow train, farm animals, ninja course, corn maze, and more.
Pumpkin Harvest Festival - Every day in October
In October the Farm goes from apples to pumpkins! In addition to everything at the farm, you can also shoot pumpkins from a cannon and feed P-Rex!
Address: 34345 Snickersville Turnpike, Bluemont, VA 20135
Cost:: Advanced Weekdays $10 Child and $12 for adults. Weekends are $14 for children and $16 for adults. At the Farm, it's an additional $2. Military and veteran families are free for up to 6 people.
Burke Nursery Fall Market & Pumpkin Playground (Burke, Virginia)
A great fall festival in Burke, Virginia, especially for little ones. Free entry with lots of pumpkins, apples, and local goodies like apple cider, local honey, and more. Lots of Halloween decorations and a great place to take pictures.
Dates: Opens September 29, 2023 – October 31, 2023
Hours: Mondays through Saturdays: 9 am to 7 pm and Sundays: 9 am to 6 pm
Address: 9401 Burke Rd, Burke VA
TIP: Our favorite Apple Cider Donuts in all of Northern Virginia!
More of a market and pumpkin patch but GREAT donuts!
Hollin Farms (Delaplane, Virginia)
Dates: Generally open Wednesdays through Sundays but check their website here which is updated weekly.
A lovely farm on a hill overlooking more rolling hills in Delaplane. We went here a couple of years ago and it was a great laid-back farm to visit in the Fall. You can pick apples and seasonal vegetables (even dig for potatoes!) or pick your own pumpkin off the vine. From their website: "It is especially important to check this website when you plan to come because we may need to make changes to the hours and days we are open. We provide containers. Please do not bring bags, backpacks, cinch sacks, large purses, coolers, and picnic items into the orchard. Friendly dogs welcome on a leash, but not in the vegetable areas."
Address: 1524 Snowden Road Delaplane, VA 20144
Cost: Check website for opening hours and fruits. Currently, Apples, Asian Pears, Dig your on Potatoes and PYO peanuts.
Pumpkin Village at Leesburg Animal Park
Dates: September 16 – Nov. 5, 2023 (Closed on Tuesdays)
Tons of activities on the grounds of the Leesburg Animal Park including Giant Hill Slides, Pedal Carts, Kiddie Zip Line, Hay Maze, Pony Rides (additional fee), Pet and Feed Live Animals. Camels, Zebras, Lemurs, and Sloths.
Address: 19246 James Monroe Hwy, Leesburg, VA
Cost: Varies based on day and age but ranges from $13.95 - $19.95 for adults at peak.
More about Leesburg Animal Park on the DC with Kids Database here.
Temple Hall Farm Pumpkin Patch
Pick your own pumpkin at this Nova Parks hidden gem! Includes jumping pillows, wagon rides, farm animals, and more!
Dates: Last year it started on October 1st and getting updates for 2023.
Address: 15855 Limestone School Road Leesburg VA 20176
Cost: $10 per person including a pumpkin
Reston Farm Garden Market
Dates: Weekends end of September and October.
- 90-minute time slots, starting at 10 AM
- FREE PUMPKIN for each paid child’s ticket
- Bounce Houses and Games
- Train Rides around the Garden Market
- Petting Zoo
Address: 15855 Limestone School Road Leesburg VA 20176
Cost: $28 for children, $7 for adults
Fairfax Events Fall Festivals
- Perchfest at Tysons – We had so much fun last year Saturday, September 17, 2022 and checking to see if they will have again (last one was May 2023)
- Falls Church Festival – Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Reston Multicultural Festival – Saturday, September 23, 2023 from 11 AM to 6 PM. Link is to Eventbrite. Free!
- Oktoberfest at The Boro, Tysons – Saturday, September 23, 2023 from 2 - 5 PM. Free!
- Tysons Fall Mixed Market - Wednesdays from 3:00 pm-7:00 pm, starting September 20 and October 25, located in the surface parking lot behind The Loft.
- Mosaic’s Annual Fall Festival – Saturday, September 23, 2023 11 AM to 6 PM. Free!
- Vienna Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 7, 2023. Free!
- City of Fairfax Fall Festival - Saturday, October 14, 2023. Free! (But children's games/amusements have a fee)
- Clifton Day Festival – Sunday, October 8, 2023. 9 AM to 5 PM. Free admission but parking begins at $5 per vehicle.
Arlington/Alexandria Events Fall Festivals
- Old Town Alexandria Art Festival – September 30, 2023.
- Colonial Market and Fair Mount Vernon – September 16 and 17, 2023 from 9 AM to 5 PM. From their website: Step back in time at Colonial Market & Fair, featuring food and wares made by colonial artisans. Colonial Market & Fair is included with general admission. Admission is free for Mount Vernon members."
- Clarendon Day – September 30, 2023. Free admission!
- Fairlington Fall Festival – Checking on the dates for 2023.
- Fall Harvest Festival at Mount Vernon – Oct 21 and 22, 2023 from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Del Ray Halloween Parade – October 29, 2023
Loudoun/Prince William County Fall Festivals Events
- Bluemont Fair – September 16 and 17, 2023. From their website: "A country fair in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains!"
- Bands Brews and Barbecue Festival in Manassas – The date has not updated yet but last year it was Sept 10, 2022 and it is an annual event.
- Claude Moore Park Fall Festival - September 16, 2023 from 10 AM to 3 PM.
- Occoquan Fall Arts and Crafts Show – September 23 and 24, 2023 from 10 AM to 5 PM.
Fall Festivals Outside Northern Virginia
- Braehead Farm Fall Festival - Fredericksburg (Weekends in October but open daily without reservation needed)
- Belvedere Plantation Harvest Festival - Fredericksburg September 16, 2023 - November 4, 2023
- Wayside Farm Fall Fun - Berryville (Opening 9/23, 2023)
- Bryce Resort Oktoberfest - Bayse (October 14, 2023 from 12 - 5 PM, free admission!)
- Shenandoah Valley Apple Harvest Festival - Clear Brook (September 16-17, 2023 from 10 AM to 5 PM)
- Graves Mountain Farm Apple Harvest Festival - Syria VA (October 7 - 21 on the weekends. See website for tickets.)
- Marker-Miller Orchard with Pick Your Own - Winchester (Open daily in the fall)
- Hartland Orchard Pick Your Own - Markham (Open daily in the fall, cash only)
Pumpkin Patch Shirts
Fall Festivals Northern Virginia in 2023
- Cox Farms in Centreville
- Nalls Produce Stand in Alexandri
- Burke Nursery’s Pumpkin Patc
- Great Country Farms in Bluemont
- Hollin Farms
- Reston Farm Garden Market
- Pumpkin Village at Leesburg Animal Park
- Temple Hall Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Perchfest at Tysons
- Falls Church Festival
- Reston Multicultural Festival
- Oktoberfest at The Boro, Tysons
- Mosaic’s Annual Fall Festival
- Tysons Fall Mixed Market
- Vienna Oktoberfest
- City of Fairfax Fall Festival
- Clifton Day Festival
- Old Town Alexandria Art Festival
- Colonial Market and Fair Mount Vernon
- Clarendon Day
- Fairlington Fall Festival
- Fall Harvest Festival at Mount Vernon
- Del Ray Halloween Parade
- Bluemont Fair
- Bands Brews and Barbecue Festival in Manassas
- Occoquan Fall Arts and Crafts Show
- Braehead Farm Fall Festival
- Belvedere Plantation Harvest Festival
- Wayside Farm Fall Fun
- Bryce Resort Oktoberfest
- Shenandoah Valley Apple Harvest Festival
- Graves Mountain Farm Apple Harvest Festival
- Marker-Miller Orchard with Pick Your Own
- Hartland Orchard Pick Your Own