So excited for Fall Festivals in northern Virginia again! Fall is the most anticipated season in Virginia because we are all so excited for relief from the heat and humidity.
Table of Contents:
- Fall Festivals in Northern Virginia (7)
- Fairfax Events Fall Festivals (8)
- Arlington/Alexandria Events Fall Festivals(7)
- Loudoun/Prince William County Fall Festivals Events (4)
- Fall Festivals Outside Northern Virginia (8)
- And just for fun...Pumpkin Patch Shirts!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Fall Festivals in Northern Virginia
Cox Farms Fall Festival (Centreville, VA) (largest of the fall festivals in northern Virginia)
Dates: September 17 - November 8, 2022
The largest fall festival in Northern Virginia with SO much to do! Truly a Fall Wonderland and my kids' favorite fall festival! 10+ attractions including "World-Famous Hayride," Hay Tunnels, Treetops Slide, Barn Slide, Castle Slide, Mountain Slide, Foamhenge, farm chores, pumpkin patch and more!
Address: 15621 Braddock Rd, Centreville, VA 20120
Cost: Ranges from $11 to $20 based on age and peak dates. Check website for more info.
Cox Farms Fall Festival
Nalls Produce Stand and Festival (Franconia/Alexandria)
We love Nalls! More than just a great produce, this family-run institution has Penny the Pig, insta-famous Pumpkin Wall, and Pumpkin Hill starting in October. Smaller than the larger farms but close to 495/395 and great for little ones. Masks will be required this year on Pumpkin Hill and inside the retail store. Pumpkin Hill is free and check out their video of what it looked like last year!
Dates: Pumpkin wall up now, Pumpkin Hill opens end of September
Address: 7310 Beulah St. Alexandria, VA 22315
Great Country Farms (Bluemont, Virginia)
Apple Gala & Cider Fest - Weekends in September
Our family loves going to Great Country Farms any time of year but the fall is especially fun! They offer so much in their 12-acre Farm Play Area including picking apples, fresh cider from their antique cider press, and cider donuts. Also a huge jumping pad (like a basketball court size!), cow train, farm animals, ninja course, corn maze, and more.
Pumpkin Harvest Festival - Every day in October
In October the Farm goes from apples to pumpkins! In addition to everything at the farm, you can also shoot pumpkins from a cannon and feed P-Rex!
Address: 34345 Snickersville Turnpike, Bluemont, VA 20135
Cost:: Advanced Weekdays $10 Child and $12 for adults. Weekends are $14 for children and $16 for adults. At the Farm, it's an additional $2. Military and veteran families are free for up to 6 people.
Burke Nursery Fall Market & Pumpkin Playground (Burke, Virginia)
A great fall festival in Burke, Virginia, especially for little ones. Free entry with lots of pumpkins, apples, and local goodies like apple cider, local honey, and more. Lots of Halloween decorations and a great place to take pictures.
Address: 9401 Burke Rd, Burke VA
More of a market and pumpkin patch but GREAT donuts!
Hollin Farms (Delaplane, Virginia)
Dates: Generally open Wednesdays through Sundays but check their website here which is updated weekly.
A lovely farm on a hill overlooking more rolling hills in Delaplane. We went here a couple of years ago and it was a great laid-back farm to visit in the Fall. You can pick apples and seasonal vegetables (even dig for potatoes!) or pick your own pumpkin off the vine. From their website: "It is especially important to check this website when you plan to come because we may need to make changes to the hours and days we are open. We provide containers. Please do not bring bags, backpacks, cinch sacks, large purses, coolers, and picnic items into the orchard. Friendly dogs welcome on a leash, but not in the vegetable areas."
Address: 1524 Snowden Road Delaplane, VA 20144
Cost: Check website for opening hours and fruits. Currently, Apples, Asian Pears, Dig your on Potatoes and PYO peanuts.
Pumpkin Village at Leesburg Animal Park
Dates: September 17 – Nov. 6, 2022
Tons of activities on the grounds of the Leesburg Animal Park including Giant Hill Slides, Pedal Carts, Kiddie Zip Line, Hay Maze, Pony Rides (additional fee), Pet and Feed Live Animals. Camels, Zebras, Lemurs and Sloths.
Address: 19246 James Monroe Hwy, Leesburg, VA
Cost: Varies based on day and age but ranges from $13.95 - $19.95 for adults at peak.
Temple Hall Farm Pumpkin Patch
Pick your own pumpkin at this Nova Parks hidden gem! Open daily starting October 1st from 9 AM to 5 PM. Includes jumping pillows, wagon rides, farm animals, and more!
Address: 15855 Limestone School Road Leesburg VA 20176
Cost: $10 per person including a pumpkin
Reston Farm Garden Market
Dates: Weekends September 24 – October 30th plus Monday, October 10th, 2022
- 90-minute time slots, starting at 10am
- FREE PUMPKIN for each paid child’s ticket
- Bounce Houses and Games
- Train Rides around the Garden Market
- Petting Zoo
Address: 15855 Limestone School Road Leesburg VA 20176
Cost: $28 for children, $7 for adults
Fairfax Events Fall Festivals
- Perchfest at Tysons – Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Falls Church Festival – Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Reston Multicultural Festival – Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Oktoberfest at The Boro, Tysons – Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Mosaic’s Annual Fall Festival – Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Vienna Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 1, 2022
- City of Fairfax Fall Festival - Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Clifton Day Festival – Sunday, October 9, 2022
Arlington/Alexandria Events Fall Festivals
- Old Town Alexandria Art Festival – September 17 – 18
- Colonial Market and Fair Mount Vernon – September 17 and 18
- Clarendon Day – September 24
- Fairlington Fall Festival – October 15
- Fall Harvest Festival at Mount Vernon – Oct 22 - 23
- Fall Frolic Lee-Fendall House Museum and Garden Alexandria - October 22nd
- Del Ray Halloween Parade – October 30, 2022
- “The 25th Annual Del Ray Halloween Parade will take place on Mount Vernon Avenue on Sunday, Oct. 30 at 2 p.m., beginning at E. Bellefonte Avenue. Contests for Best Decorated House, Best Decorated Business, Best Group Costume and Best Pet Costume will take place online.”
Loudoun/Prince William County Fall Festivals Events
- Bluemont Fair – September 17 and 18, 2022
- Bands Brews and Barbecue Festival in Manassas – Sept 10, 2022
- Claude Moore Park Fall Festival - September 17, 2022
- Occoquan Fall Arts and Crafts Show – September 24 and 25, 2022
Fall Festivals Outside Northern Virginia
- Braehead Farm Fall Festival - Fredericksburg (Weekends in October)
- Belvedere Plantation Harvest Festival - Fredericksburg
- Wayside Farm Fall Fun - Berryville (Opening 9/24, 2022)
- Bryce Resort Oktoberfest - Bayse (October 8)
- Shenandoah Valley Apple Harvest Festival - Clear Brook (September 17018, 2022)
- Graves Mountain Farm Apple Harvest Festival - Syria VA (Open now, discounts through Sept. 15)
- Marker-Miller Orchard with Pick Your Own - Winchester (Open daily)
- Hartland Orchard Pick Your Own - Markham (Open daily, cash only)
Pumpkin Patch Shirts
Fall Festivals Northern Virginia in 2022
- Cox Farms in Centreville
- Nalls Produce Stand in Alexandri
- Burke Nursery’s Pumpkin Patc
- Great Country Farms in Bluemont
- Hollin Farms
- Reston Farm Garden Market
- Pumpkin Village at Leesburg Animal Park
- Temple Hall Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Perchfest at Tysons
- Falls Church Festival
- Reston Multicultural Festival
- Oktoberfest at The Boro, Tysons
- Mosaic’s Annual Fall Festival
- Vienna Oktoberfest
- City of Fairfax Fall Festival
- Clifton Day Festival
- Old Town Alexandria Art Festival
- Colonial Market and Fair Mount Vernon
- Clarendon Day
- Fairlington Fall Festival
- Fall Harvest Festival at Mount Vernon
- Fall Frolic Lee-Fendall House Museum and Garden Alexandria
- Del Ray Halloween Parade
- Bluemont Fair
- Bands Brews and Barbecue Festival in Manassas
- Occoquan Fall Arts and Crafts Show
- Braehead Farm Fall Festival
- Belvedere Plantation Harvest Festival
- Wayside Farm Fall Fun
- Bryce Resort Oktoberfest
- Shenandoah Valley Apple Harvest Festival
- Graves Mountain Farm Apple Harvest Festival
- Marker-Miller Orchard with Pick Your Own
- Hartland Orchard Pick Your Own