Lots of 4th of July Northern Virginia Events around Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, and Loudoun. I've organized it by location but let me know in the comments if I missed any!
Table of Contents:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Fairfax 4th of July Northern Virginia Events
- Fairfax City Parade at 10 AM on July 4th and Fireworks on July 5th
- Town of Vienna Fireworks Changed to July 1, 2022
- Lake Fairfax Park Fireworks and Family Fun on July 2, 2022
- Workhouse Lorton Fireworks on July 2, 2022
- Town of Herndon 4th of July Celebration and Fireworks on July 4th
- McLean Community Center 4th of July Celebration July 2nd
- Mount Vernon: An American Celebration on July 4th (no fireworks)
- And if you are looking for a party spot for an outdoor party at a local park, here are some fun ideas in the area.
Arlington Spots to View DC Fireworks
The Netherlands Carillon is the only spot I've tried, pre-kids! (but you do have to park far and maybe walk 0.5 to 1 mile). But Stay Arlington has a great blog post with 5 spots to view the National Mall Fireworks from Arlington! It includes lots of details plus Instagram posts from those spots.
Alexandria City Fireworks
- USA/Alexandria Birthday Celebration - July 9th. I went once pre-kids and this is a great fireworks show without the National Mall crowds. Although it can still get crowded so recommend going earlier.
Loudoun County 4th of July Northern Virginia Events
- Star Spangled Parade at South Riding - July 1st (kids can dress up their bike, wagon, stroller or car to join!)
- Leesburg Concert and Fireworks on July 4th and Parade at 10 AM
- Purcellville Independence Day Parade 11 AM on July 4th
- Dirt Farm Brewing 4th of July
- (For next year) Hillsboro Independence Day Fireworks June 26th
4th of July Kids Gear from Amazon
Thought these light-up necklaces are cool for kids while waiting for fireworks.
And these Potato Sack Race Bags are fun for a backyard party. Comes with headbands and prize medals too!