Hi! I’m Jennifer and I ❤ traveling with my kids and sharing travel recommendations with other families! I am mom to 2 loving curious kiddos living outside Washington, D.C. Below are some things that might be different than a typical travel blog as well as some recent Instagram musings. Would love to hear what would be helpful to you and your family AND if you have any specific travel questions in the comments below or on Instagram!
Happy exploring!✨ – Jennifer
A couple things that are different than a traditional travel blog:
- We are not sponsored by any hotels or attractions, so you can be sure our reviews are unbiased.
- I loooove travel photography, but you won’t find that here. We are committed to saving you time in your travel planning and want to decrease the seemingly endless scrolling and personal stories.
- We ❤ Lists! Friends would ask us for our travel recommendations after trips and so FTG started as a list lovers paradise with spreadsheets of dozens of recommendations. We’ve now moved to giving you the TOP tips from local moms and frequent travelers so you don’t have to wade through the dozens of kid friendly restaurants in a city.
- Multicultural Kids Blogs: Why We LOVE Traveling with Young Children (and How to Survive!) (with 6 tips for international flights!)
- Multicultural Kids Blogs: Including Kids in All Stages of the Family Trip (with pics of a Swiss cow drooling on our stroller!)
DC with Kids:
- Kid-Friendly DC: Tips for Visiting Smithsonian Museums with Young Kids (0-6)
- Patch: A Mom’s Tips on Visiting DC Museums with Kids This Summer
- DC Moms Blog: Why Fall Is My Favorite Time to Visit the Smithsonians with Kids
- Fairfax County Times: Be a Tourist Without Leaving Northern Virginia (online and in print)
- 10 Fun Facts about Washington, D.C. with Kids (Multicultural Kids Blogs.com)
- Sunshine Whispers: The Absolute Best Smithsonian Museums for Babies
- Dulles Moms: Rediscover Local Museums with Family Trip Guides
- District Family Video Interview: Fun interview with the great folks at District Family about the Guides