We stayed at an amazing family-friendly hotel in Philadelphia in 2022 and want to tell you all about it! The Philadelphia Marriott Old City hotel, near the historic center of Philadelphia, has a great location, is beautifully renovated, and very family-friendly.
Table of Contents:
- Why we liked it
- Things to Note
- 12 Kid-Friendly Attractions in Philly
This website uses affiliate links for Booking.com. This means that if you make a purchase, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Note: When I knew we were visiting Philly, I reached out to the hotel and they graciously offered a one-night free room and valet parking. However, the review below is my honest opinion and I would truly pay full price next time!
Why We liked Marriott Old City as a Family-Friendly Hotel in Philadelphia
Marriott Old City has a great location in Old City Philadelphia, within walking distance to most of the historic spots:
- Betsy Ross House (11 mins)
- The famous Franklin Fountain Ice Cream (7 minutes)
- Liberty Bell and Independence Hall (11 minutes)
Parking in Philadelphia was pretty hard (in fact we got towed in Chinatown!) so being within walking distance is a great focus when visiting the tourist sites. The valet parking is $50 a day but that is so much better than being towed!!
Also, for us coming from Washington DC, the hotel is minutes to I-95 so we didn't have to contend with much of Philadelphia's notorious traffic.
2) Newly Renovated!
The whole hotel was renovated right before the pandemic in 2020. During covid, it didn’t get a lot of use so it feels brand new! The side rooms off the lobby were so cool to hang out in! (see picture below) My kids wanted to bring a board game next time.
#3 The M Club Lounge - a great perk of this family-friendly hotel in Philadelphia
The final thing we liked is the M Club Concierge Lounge was accessible 24/7 with complimentary water, a fancy coffee machine, fruit, granola bars, rice crispies, and cookies. The kids loved checking out what treats they had out each time we came in from an activity. We had access to the lounge because of my husband’s travel status with Marriott. I believe you can also reserve a room that has M Club access as well.
Things to Note:
- Their valet parking is $50 a day but has in and out privileges. It was very difficult to find street parking in Philadelphia so the convenience of the valet parking is nice, just comes with a price.
- No pool. During the renovation, they expanded their gym to 4000 square feet and removed the pool but it does show up in some google image searches so wanted to let you know.
- The standard room was great for 4 people! I loved the design and the beds were super comfortable!
Kid-Friendly Attractions in Philadelphia:
Check out this blog post for my write up of the Please Touch Museum (amazing for ages 1-6!), The Franklin Institute and the Liberty Bell! I also include 9 other family-friendly spots for our next visit. I wrote a separate write-up about the incredible LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Philadelphia