Presidents Day Weekend in Washington DC is fast approaching and I've brought together some of the best ideas in and around DC to enjoy as a family and maybe even learn a little! In 2023, the weather forecast looks amazing with a high of 63 on President's Day in DC on Monday!
Table of Contents:
Washington DC Presidents Day Weekend Activities
Check out descriptions and Mom Tips for these in my post 20 Best Museums for Children.
- President Lincoln's Cottage in NW DC - We toured years ago but want to return! Tickets are available Sat, Sun and Mon. $15 for adults, $5 for ages 6-12 and free under 6.
- Tour the Monuments!
- Visit a Free Museum! - I updated the opening hours of the most popular free museums above and ALL are open on President's Day! Check out descriptions and Mom Tips for these in my post 20 Best Museums for Children.
Virginia DC Presidents Day Weekend Activities
- George Washington's Mount Vernon has tickets for Saturday and Sunday. Monday is free admission on Presidents Day and George Washington’s birthday (Feb. 22). Admission tickets will be distributed on-site upon arrival; a limited number of tickets are available. Regularly $28 for adults, $15 for ages 6-12, and ages 0-5 free.
- Maple Sugaring in Virginia: Colvin Run Mill in Fairfax has a Maple Syrup Boil Down on 2/19 from 11 AM to 2:45 PM. The cost is $8 per person. Must pre-register on FairfaxCounty.gov
- Going to be beautiful this weekend! Check out the 20 Kid-Friendly Walks/Hikes in Northern Virginia with distances and stroller-friendliness notes on each.
Maryland Presidents Day Weekend Family Activities
Photo courtesy of Montgomery County.
- Woodlawn Manor Cultural Park Black Heritage Month: Saturday, February 18 from from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The family friendly event is free and requires no registration. Go on a self-guided tour of the Underground Railroad Experience Trail. Take-home activities for children ages 5 through 12 while supplies last.
- Maple Sugaring
- Irvine Nature Center in Owings Mills: Sunday February 19th – limited tickets available. Cost: $10/participant. Preregistration encouraged.
- Willow Grove Nature Center in Parkville: Saturday, February 18 and Sunday, February 19 at 11 AM to 3 PM. Join our Naturalists for ongoing cooking demonstrations, tree tapping, sap boiling, and pancake samples. FREE and no registration
- Destination Playground - Check out one of these amazing Maryland Playgrounds that are worth the drive!