Below are 10 wonderful DC Area Easter Events in 2022 to enjoy this beautiful season! I also included a couple of fun Easter treats for your kids including the adorable book, The Easter Bunny is Coming to Washington, DC. (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you. Thanks!)
Table of Contents:
- Bunnyland at Butler’s Orchard – Germantown, Maryland
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny – Dulles, Virginia
- Egg Hunt at Potomac Overlook – Arlington, Virginia
- Occoquan Peep Week & Hunt – Occoquan, Virginia
- Great Country Farms Easter Egg Hunt – Bluemont, Virginia
- Tulip Picking at Burnside Farms – Nokesville, Virginia
- Easter Monday at the National Zoo – Washington, DC
- Wild Kid Acres Farm – Edgewater, Maryland
- Easter Treasure Hunt at O Street Museum Mansion – Washington, DC
- Bunny Train – Walkersville, MD
Late March Update! The White House Easter Egg Roll is back on Monday, April 18, 2022! It is free to enter the lottery which opened on March 25 at 10 AM and closes on March 31 at 10 AM. Then on April 7th, the winners will be chosen. To enter the lottery go to this website on Recreation.gov and create an account with your name, email, home address, and preferences on time slot. There are 5 to choose from ranging from I believe 7:45 AM to 4:45 PM. (ish it may be on the half-hour, I signed up for all of them!) Good luck everyone!
1. Bunnyland at Butler’s Orchard – April 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 18, 23, 24
Bunnyland is back this year at Butler’s Orchard in Germantown MD. So much to do! Giant Slides, Egg Hunt (eggs are NOT filled and are returned), Goodie Baskets for children under 12, 2 Hilltop Hop Jump Pads (New this year – an additional jump pad for children under 40″ tall.), Farm Animals in our Hayloft and Barnyard Buddies, Pedal Tractors, Combine Slide, Straw Pyramid, Farm Fun Zone(Ball Tosses, Cornhole, Horse Hoop Toss), Hayride through our decorated Day Trail, Country Bunny Character Photo Op.
Dates: April 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 18, 23, 24 (not open on Easter Sunday, April 17)
Hours: 9 am – 6 pm (Last entry 4 pm)
Cost: Online $10.00/Person and $12 at the Gate (Children Under 12 Months Free) Reservations are strongly recommended. Purchase here.
Additional Activities for added cost: Face painting, pony rides, and snacks.
2. Breakfast with the Easter Bunny – Dulles Town Center, March 26
“Dulles Town Center invites children and their families to enjoy Breakfast with the Easter Bunny on Saturday, March 26th, from 10:00 am to Noon. During this event, there will be snacks, crafts, strolling characters, photo opportunities, and of course, a chance to meet the Easter Bunny and take professional photos at his springtime home. The event will take place in Center Court, on the lower level in front of JCPenney. The cost for this event is $5 per child, and proceeds will benefit Loudoun Hunger Relief.”
Tickets are $5 and you can register here.
3. Egg Hunt at Potomac Overlook – April 9-10 and 12-17
Visit Potomac Overlook Park in Arlington from April 9-10 and 12-17 between 11 AM and 4 PM stop into the Nature Center to purchase a map and answer sheet for $8 per participating child. Use the map to find the wooden eggs. Then return to the nature center to receive a prize. No registration is necessary!
More info here!
4. Occoquan Peep Week & Hunt – April 12 – 17
Check out the cute town of Occoquan, VA for their 2022 Peep Week from April 12 – April 17 where businesses around Occoquan will display creative dioramas using Peeps! You can vote with a ballot from local businesses or at Town Hall. Winners will be announced at 4 PM on April 16. Check out the town’s website here for all the info.
Also on April 16, they will have an Easter Hunt at 11 AM with the Easter Bunny. Bring your own basket and register ahead of time here. Tickets are $5 per child and required. – UPDATE: Egg Hunt is Sold Out.
5. Great Country Farms Easter Egg Hunt – April 1 – 16 – One of the popular DC Area Easter Events
We love Great Country Farms during the Fall but never knew they have Easter Egg Hunts! This year, they will have advanced tickets. Beyond the egg hunt, you can see the live animals, marshmallow picking for the bonfire, and wagon rides.
Cost: Admission is $10/child & $12/adult and then the Easter Egg Hunts are an add-on fee of $7.50 per child. More info and register here.
Egg Hunt Details:
- Separate 2 & 3 year old area where adults may enter with their child.
- The Egg Hunt Areas will be open from 10am-3pm and hunts start as each group of guests is ready to enter.
- Hunts Daily~ Thank you for entering the hunt area within an hour of your arrival time
- Hunts include a pick your own bucket and up to 25 treat filled eggs to gather in the bucket
- Marshmallow Roasting is available from 10am-3pm next to the Egg Hunt Areas.
6. Tulip Picking at Burnside Farms – (TBD early to mid April) – My fav of the DC Area Easter Events!
Our family’s favorite spring tradition is to go to the Tulip fields at Burnside Farms! I wrote all about it in a blog post here. We’ve loved going for the past 3 years. Their Festival of Spring dates is announced about a week before because it is based on the blooms. Their website is here for tickets.
7. Easter Monday at the National Zoo – April 18, 2022
“The Smithsonian’s National Zoo is celebrating Easter Monday on April 18! Throughout the day, the Zoo will offer family-focused activities, from an Easter egg hunt with prizes to special animal demonstrations and live entertainment. And don’t miss a chance to meet Panda Pal!” Make sure to reserve your entry pass and check out my FREE Family Trip Guide to the Zoo!
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Easter Egg Hunt | Lion-Tiger Hill
Hosted by the Association of Minority Zoo and Aquarium Professionals
- Live Music by De-U Records | Lion-Tiger Hill
- 10 a.m: Tortoise Feeding |Reptile Discovery Center, River Otter Enrichment | American Trail
- 10:30 a.m. Elephant Demonstration
- 11 a.m. Tiger Feeding | Great Cats Circle
- 1 p.m. Beaver Feeding | American Trail Elephant Demonstration
- 1:30 p.m. Small Mammal Enrichment | Small Mammal House Komodo Dragon and Crocodile Monitor Egg Hunt | Reptile Discovery Center Maned Wolf Enrichment | American Trail
8. Wild Kid Acres Farm – Edgewater, MD April 16 and 17 – newly added to the list of DC Area Easter Events
Sat, Apr 16, 2022 Sun, Apr 17, 2022 10 AM to 4 PM
“The Easter Bunny Is coming to Wild Kid Acres! Come for a one-hour visit and take photos with the Easter bunny and our animals! Please wear closed-toed shoes! Children 2 and under are free. Purchase tickets online $10. Walk in $15”
They will have bunnies and chicks to pet and lots of other animals!
Purchase Tickets here.
9. Easter Treasure Hunt at O Street Museum Mansion – April 1 – April 17
The O Street Museum in the Mansion is holding Easter Treasure Hunts from April 1 to April 17. Check out their website here to reserve a time slot. I contact the museum and they said its fun for all ages.
Hours: 11 am to 3 PM
Cost: $42 per person
Activities: “Don your favorite Easter bonnet and celebrate spring with a fun-filled treasure hunt at The Mansion! Search for special Easter & spring-themed items found only at The Mansion. Includes: Treasure Hunt, Easter Candy, Exploration of our themed rooms & secret doors. Prizes for best dressed and best Easter bonnet.”
10. Bunny Train Walkersville Southern in MD – April 9, 10 & 16
Just 1 hr from DC, check out the Walkersville Southern railroad’s Bunny Train Rides! Visit with the Easter Bunny on the train who will have a small surprise for each child. Tickets can be reserved on their website here. Rides are 1 hour and 10 minutes each.
**Recommend reserving ASAP as tickets are selling fast. As of 3/20, between 18 and 70 seats are available in coach each day.
Dates: April 9, 10 & 16 at 11 AM, 1:30 PM and 4 PM.
Cost: Coach seats are $20 each age 2+. There are also private caboose rental options.
Treats to make your Spring outing fun!
And don’t forget to check out the 26 Family-Friendly Social Distancing Spots in the DMV here or my Best of Playgrounds in DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland.
And if you want even more Spring events, check out this post on where to see 10 different flowers in DC.