There are so many fun indoor places in the DC area to explore if it rains! Below is a catch-all post with ideas in DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland.
Table of Contents
Fun Indoor Places in DC
- 20 Museums Great for Kids (Includes The Lane, the only open play area I know of right now in DC)
- Union Station (Look at trains, food court, big open space!) – My insta post here and Union Station’s Directory here.
- Kogod Courtyard in the National Portrait Gallery is stunning! (It was named 1 of 7 architectural new wonders of the world!) My insta post here and their website here.
- Kid-Friendly Restaurants and Food Halls
Northern Virginia Fun Indoor Spots
- 45 Indoor Play Areas in Northern Virginia from play spaces, trampoline parks and Nature Centers!
- Jones Point Park under I-495, Alexandria – Not indoor but covered! My reel here and pictures of playgrounds here.
- Torpedo Factory Art Center – Old Town Alexandria – My reel here and their website here.
- Urbanspace Food Court and Board Games at Tysons II Mall – My reel here and their website here.
- 27 Kid-Friendly Northern Virginia Restaurants
- My DMV with Kids Database has 36 indoor spots in Virginia from Bowling to Nature Centers.