Maryland Strawberry Picking Season is here! It’s a wonderful activity for kids of all ages… and you get to taste the fruit of your labor! The strawberry picking season is usually May to early June. Below are the updates as of May 19, 2022, and I will be updating this weekly on Wednesdays throughout the season. I included the farm info and a Google Map at the end show which one is near you. (And if you are looking for strawberry picking in Virginia, check out my post with 8 more farms!)
Maryland Strawberry Picking in Southern Maryland
- Shlagel Farms – Fields open daily 10 – 5. Check their Facebook here for picking conditions. Waldorf, MD (We’ve picked blackberries here and a beautiful working farm!). From their Facebook: “Season should last thru Memorial Day or longer depending on weather. Berries are plentiful and delicious. Cost $3.79/Lb OR $6.50/qt Prepicked.”
- Swann Farms – Open Monday through Sunday 9 AM to 1 PM. THey have daily updates on their website. Owings, MD. Their website is here for up to date info!
Maryland Strawberry Picking (north of DC)
- Larriland Farm – Called the hotline and the strawberry fields are not opened yet (as of 5/19) but said probably late May. Woodbine, MD. Their website is here.
- Gorman Farm – Their strawberry patch is open soon at a new location this year at 12570 Scagsville Rd (Rt-216), Highland, MD 20777. Check out their website and Facebook for daily updates as they are giving the fields a break day (for example Thu May 19). From the farm, “Our farm is not Certified Organic but everything we grow is done so with strictly organic practices. Hope to see you out for the picking.”
- Baugher’s Orchard – Called their hotline and the strawberry fields are not opened yet but said near end of the month! Westminster, MD. They also have 2 markets with fresh fruit and vegetables and a family restaurant. Their website is here with all the info.
- Butler’s Orchard – Closest to the DC area in Germantown, Maryland. They said their strawberries are just around the corner! (as of May 19). Their website is here to check.
Note: Homestead Farms (which we love!) will reopen mid-June 2022 with Tart Cherries and Blueberries later in the month.
Strawberry Picking on the Eastern Shore
- Godfrey’s Farm – Fields are open! Open daily: Monday- Friday 8 AM to 6 PM and Saturday and Sundays 8 AM to 5 PM. Open Wed – Sunday no reservations required. Sudlersville, MD. Website is here.
- It’s important to be safe at farms especially in regards to ticks. I have the 5 things I never leave home without during our adventures.
- You can also search for more farms on my DC with Kids Database here and filter by the Farm category.