Maryland Strawberry Picking Season is here! It's a wonderful activity for kids of all ages... and you get to taste the fruit of your labor! The strawberry picking season is usually May to early June. Below are the updates as of June 4, 2022. I included the farm info and a Google Map at the end show which one is near you. (And if you are looking for strawberry picking in Virginia, check out my post with 8 more farms!)
Maryland Strawberry Picking in Southern Maryland
- Shlagel Farms - Fields open daily 10 - 5. Check their Facebook here for picking conditions. Waldorf, MD (We've picked blackberries here and a beautiful working farm!). From their Facebook: "Season should last thru Memorial Day or longer depending on weather. Berries are plentiful and delicious. Cost $3.79/Lb OR $6.50/qt Prepicked."
- Swann Farms - Open Monday through Sunday 9 AM to 1 PM. They have daily updates on their website. Owings, MD. Their website is here for up to date info!
Maryland Strawberry Picking (north of DC)
- Larriland Farm - Strawberry Fields are open! Also check out their website becuase they have other PYO produce like red radishes and kale. Woodbine, MD. Their website is here.
- Gorman Farm - Their strawberry patch is open now Weekdays 10 AM - 6 PM and Weekends 10 AM - 4 PM. At a new location this year at 12570 Scagsville Rd (Rt-216), Highland, MD 20777. Check out their website and Facebook for daily updates as they are giving the fields a break day (for example Thu May 19). From the farm, "Our farm is not Certified Organic but everything we grow is done so with strictly organic practices. Hope to see you out for the picking."
- Baugher’s Orchard - Called their hotline and the strawberry fields are open as well as their petting Zoo! Daily from 9 AM to 5 PM. Located in Westminster, MD. They also have 2 markets with fresh fruit and vegetables and a family restaurant. Their website is here with all the info.
- Butler's Orchard - Closest to the DC area in Germantown, Maryland. Their strawberry fields are open but highly recommned making a reservation especially on weekends!Their website is here to check.
Note: Homestead Farms (which we love!) will reopen mid-June 2022 with Tart Cherries and Blueberries later in the month.
Strawberry Picking on the Eastern Shore
- Godfrey's Farm - Fields are open! Open daily: Monday- Friday 8 AM to 6 PM and Saturday and Sundays 8 AM to 5 PM. Open Wed - Sunday no reservations required. Sudlersville, MD. Website is here.