National Air and Space Museum with Kids is one the of the best museums! We went recently after they re-opened and our below are our favorite parts:
- ✈️ My 5 year old son loved going to the 3rd level walkway and looking at the planes up high. Also no one was there so I let them run!
- 🪚My 8 year old daughter loved the Visitor Overlook of the Restoration Hangar where we could watch curators restore old aircraft.
- 🚀 Me, the Discovery Space Shuttle which flew 30 missions to space and is pretty incredible to see up close (make sure you go up the stairs to see it from on top!)
Air and Space Museum Virginia Hours & Tickets
- Hours: Open daily 10 AM to 5:30 PM
- Free or Paid? Free
- Cost: Free
- Advance Tickets Required? Yes
National Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy with Kids Amenities
- Restrooms? Yes
- Parking Type? Lot
- Stroller/Wheelchair Accessible? Yes
Tips Before You Go:
- Get your free tickets soon. They do not need a credit card to reserve and you can cancel through replying to the email. Tickets are at www.si.edu/visit. I saw 1 school group last week so I am sure more are coming and will take big chunks of tickets. See stories for current availability.
- Check their website for what is open ahead of time.
- Take pics of the map and scavenger hunts at the visitor center (swipe right) so you can have in the huge hangars.
📍- 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway
Chantilly, VA 20151
💲 - Free but need to reserve passes online at si.edu/visit.
⏰ - Open 10 AM - 5:30 PM every day except Dec. 25th.
🚻 - Lots of restrooms, very clean!
🅿️ - Huge parking lot which costs $15 per car and no other option because gated.
♿️ - All wheelchair and stroller accessible!
More VA Kids Spots here: More spots.