It's time for strawberry picking in Virginia! My kids love picking their own strawberries and then enjoying their hard work. The strawberry picking season in Virginia is usually May to early June. Below are the updates as of June, 4 2022. Below are the farms and a Google Map at the end to help decide which one is closer. (And if you are looking for Maryland strawberry picking, check out my post with 7 more farms!)
Strawberry Picking in Virginia Loudoun, Prince William and Clarke Counties
- Wegmeyer Farm - They have 2 farms open right now for Pick Your Own Strawberries: The Hamilton Farm and the Oatlands Farm. Reservations are required $29 per family and include your first bucket of strawberries. Hamilton, VA. Check out all the details on their website here.
- And there's a Certifikid deal here for 25% off for Monday through Thursday picking. (Not an affiliate, just sharing!)
- Great Country Farms - Their Strawberry Jubilee Festival starts May 21, 22, 28, 29 & 30, 2022 (No PYO strawberries). "Jam to live music, compete in the pie-eating contest, enter your stroll in the strawberry parade, and sample our strawberry delectables, including the not-to-be-missed Donut Strawberry Shortcake." You can see all the fun and reserve tickets on their website here.
- Yankey Farms - Located in Bristow, Virginia in Prince William County. Reservations are only required for Weekends and Memorial Day Monday. All other times, just show up! Reservations can be made on their website here. Note: the strawberry patch is at a new location this year 11806 Bristow Rd in Bristow.
- (No PYO this year) Mackintosh Fruit Farm - The strawberries crop is not as large as it has been in previous years. The weather simply didn’t provide what they needed to ripen in abundance. We will not open the fields for picking strawberries at this time. Website is here.
Strawberry Picking in Virginia - Fredericksburg (near Stafford County)
- Braehead Farm - We loved picking here! The Fields are open for 2022 with 5 different varieties! $3.99 per pound PYO and $4.99 pre-picked. Located just outside Fredericksburg and they had amazing strawberry ice cream when we went! (Pictured below). Their website is here and they also have a fun Barn Lot for kids to play for $5.
Fauquier County, Virginia Strawberry Picking in Virginia
- Messick’s Farm Market - The Fields are open! They also have a kids play area. 8 AM to 6 PM. No fee to pick, $4.99 per pound. Located in Bealton Virginia and their website for more info is here.
- Green Truck Farm - Fields are open! Located 50 miles from I-66. "Berries are $4.50 per pound and containers are provided. We should be open for about four weeks. Hours and availability will change ... Please check back and call before heading out." Their website is here and more updates on their Facebook. Located in Markham, Virginia.
- Hollin Farms - No open! Website is here for up to date info and below is pasted from their website. We went here for pumpkins once and beautiful views over the hills! Located in Delaplane.
- This weekend, open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 3rd, 4th, and 5th, from 9 am till 1 pm. Last pickers admitted 30 minutes before closing.
- Pick your own Strawberries. $5 per pound.
- Pick your own Lettuce, Cabbage, Kale, Peas, Brocolli, and Mustard greens.
- Pick your own sweet cherries. $20 per half gallon. Cherries are pre-paid, per person. Containers must be purchased before entering the cherry orchard, one per person.
- We provide containers. Please do not bring other containers, bags, backpacks, and large purses into the patch. No strollers please. The walk to the sweet cherries is about 400 yards. Walking access only.
- If you are looking for PYO farms near Richmond, check out this great post by my friend Megan for 11 Pick Your Own Farms!
- And check out these 5 things I never leave home without during our adventures, especially farms!
- You can also search for more farms on my DC with Kids Database here and filter by the Farm category.